At 2:26 p.m. on Deceber 7th, the Campbell County Fire Department responded to 3251 South Four J Road for a fire sprinkler activation. Upon arrival to the scene no fire was found and it was determined the sprinkler activated after being hit by an object. Several juveniles were seen playing in the area shortly before the activation and are believed to be responsible. Gillette College officials are investigating the matter further. Damage was estimated at $4000.
The Campbell County Fire Department would also like to provide a winter safety reminder. CCFD would like to remind people to check their exhaust vents on their houses. With the winter season in full effect, it is important to make sure exhaust vents for furnaces, water heaters, dryers, or any other exhaust openings from the household are clear of obstruction from snow, ice, or debris. This will help prevent carbon monoxide build up and potential ignition sources for fires. Thank you for your cooperation and have a safe winter season.