At 11:43 AM on December 8th, the Campbell County Fire Department responded to 3002 Watsabaugh Drive for a house on fire. Firefighters extinguished a fire on part of a wooden deck, exterior wall and floor joist area on the back side of the home. The fire was declared under control at 11:58 AM. A discarded cigarette butt started the fire. Preliminary fire damage estimate is $2,000. The occupants renting the home discovered the fire when smoke began entering the home. The home is insured and owned by Ms Janet Bishop. The Campbell County Fire Department would like to remind its citizens to dispose of smoking materials in a noncombustible container(s) containing no combustibles (planters containing organic material such as peat moss can start on fire).