At 9:43 p.m. on March 4th, the Campbell County Fire Department responded to 118 Westhills Loop for a reported chimney on fire. Firefighters arrived on scene and found heavy fire on the second floor
and attic area.
Gillette Police Department Lieutenant Brent Wasson said police officers conducted the precautionary evacuation of 3 others residences. Wasson said this morning that the occupants of the residence were displaced because of the fire, but he did not know if that displacement was temporary. The cause of the fire was determined to be from the chimney attached to a fireplace. The damage to the residence was estimated to be near $40,000.