The Campbell County Fire Department responded to the following incidents:

About 10 of 8 last night Campbell County Fire Department responded to the Travel Lodge at 2307 Wyoming Avenue for a carbon monoxide detector activation. Firefighters used atmospheric monitors throughout the structure and got elevated levels of CO in the laundry area. It was determined there was a malfunction with the water heater for the laundry facility. The gas was turned off and the building ventilated.


Then, later on that night just past 10:00 p.m. firefighters responded to 2417 Dogwood Avenue #11 for a report of a small explosion in the apartment. Firefighters investigated the area and determined there had been a failure of baseboard heating unit in the living room. There was no sustained fire.
Year to date the Campbell County Fire Department has responded to 802 requests for service.

Post Author: Shane McBryde

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *