Parks Photo Contest Runs through February 28th
Written by broebling on February 20, 2017
Press Release – The City of Gillette Parks and Beautification Board is sponsoring a Winter Parks Photo Contest. Photos for the contest must be taken from December 19th, 2016 through February 28th, 2017. Photos must be submitted to the City by March 10th, 2017.
There are 3 categories for the 2017 Winter Parks Photo Contest: General, Nature & Wildlife, and Holiday. Photos submitted in the General and Nature & Wildlife categories must depict a park in the City of Gillette (not limited to city maintained parks). Click here for a complete list of City parks. Photos submitted in the Holiday category may be taken anywhere in Gillette.
- Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Your submission of the photo is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Residents and non-residents are encouraged to submit photos.
- All photos must be taken on the grounds of the City of Gillette between December 19, 2016 and February 28, 2017. All photos must depict the Parks, with in the City of Gillette, with the exception of the Holiday category, which can be taken anywhere within the City of Gillette.
- All photos must be submitted to the city by March 10, 2017.
- Each photographer may submit up to ten photographs to the competition. Each photo submitted must include an entry form.
- Photographs submitted with a watermark will not be considered.
- Photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and scene as it appeared. Photos should not be digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.)
- Anyone 17 years of age or younger must submit a written waiver by their parent or guardian.
- Any photos that include images of people must be accompanied by written waiver by those that are included in the photo.
- The City is not responsible for lost entries.
- The undersigned photographer shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless, the City of Gillette from and against any action, suit, claim, damages, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to the use of the photo(s) by the City of Gillette.
- Submission of photographs, as part of the contest, includes a license to the City to make unlimited and exclusive use of the photograph for the purposes set forth in the Contest Entry Form. The original photographer shall retain all authorship and copyright ownership in the photographs, and may continue to use the photographs, images, and any copies thereof, solely for personal use.
- At the City of Gillette’s discretion, credit for the photograph may be included in publications.
- Photo Criteria
- At the discretion of the photographer.
- Photos that are of low resolution or quality may not be considered when selecting winners.
- All entries can either be submitted:
- Attached to an email, with completed entry form and emailed to: Geno Palazzari, Communications Manager, City of Gillette – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed with completed entry form to Parks Photo Contest, c/o City Administration, P.O. Box 3003, Gillette, WY 82717
- Hand delivered with completed entry form to City Administration, 201 E. 5th St. Gillette, WY 82716
- Nature and Wildlife
- Holiday (photos can be taken anywhere in the City of Gillette)
- Selection Process
- A panel of judges consisting of:
- Mayor of Gillette;
- One person from the Gillette City Council;
- Two members from the Parks and Beautification Board;
- As available: one or two, current or former Art Educators;
- One person from the Mayor’s Art Counsel;
- Judges will be included as available.
- City of Gillette, Communications Manager, will administer the photo contest and will present all photos to the panel of judges without any identification that may suggest the name or identity of the person who took the photo.
- A panel of judges consisting of:
- All winning photos may be included in a special photo exhibit at City Hall or other city facilities. In addition, all winning photos may displayed on the City’s website.
- In each category winners will receive:
- 1st: $50 Gold bucks
- 2nd: $25 Gold bucks
- Those who may be unable to use Gold bucks (ex. visitors to Gillette, WY) may request a gift debit card equivalent be awarded instead.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call Communications Manager Geno Palazzari at (307) 686-5393