The findings seem to indicate that a surprising majority of American consumers expect to celebrate the big day in some form or fashion.
- Nearly a third of Americans are spending less than $50 on their significant others this Valentine’s Day
- 78% of survey respondents expect to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, while 10% responded that they won’t be celebrating at all
- 58% of those surveyed expect a tangible gift from their partners
- Slightly over a quarter (27%) of consumers intend on spending money solely on themselves
- 33% of those surveyed plan to splurge on a date night, and 16% plan to gift a sex toy instead
View the full report: Spencer’s 2019 Valentine’s Day Spending Report